- 500g lean beef or lamb mince
- 1 Tbsp canola or sunflower oil
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 Tbsp tomato purée
- 400g can tomatoes in juice
- 1 tsp mixed herbs or 1 Tbsp chopped fresh herbs (optional)
- 4-6 medium sized potatoes
- ½ cup cheese (edam), grated
Heat the oil in a frying pan, and cook the onion gently for 5-6 minutes, until tender. Add the mince, breaking up with the back of a spoon to form small pieces until cooked thoroughly and no longer pink. Stir in tomato purée, canned tomatoes and herbs. Bring to the boil and simmer gently for 30 minutes until reduced and thick, but still moist.
Bake or microwave 4-6 medium sized potatoes. Combine the mince mixture with the flesh of each potato, reserving the cooked skin. Fill the potato shells with the mince and potato mixture. Sprinkle with grated cheese and serve with your favourite vegetables.