Apricot Pork Slow Cook
- 500g 100% New Zealand Trim Pork Pieces
- 2 medium sized onions, peeled and diced
- 1 Tablespoon canola oil
- 1 400g can apricots in juice
- 1 cup water or vegetable stock
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 Tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh chilli (optional)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat and fry the pork and onion until golden brown.
- Preheat oven to 170ºC.
- Transfer pork and onion to an oven proof baking or casserole dish.
- Add all remaining ingredients, cover and cook in pre-heated oven for 1 hour.
Serve with a kumara mash and green vegetables or a salad.
- If there are no pork pieces available use Trim Pork medallion steaks.
- To use a slow cooker simply fry the pork and onion to golden brown, add to slow cooker with all other ingredients and cook on low for 8 hours.
- This recipe is also great when spiced up with Moroccan spices and served with lemon couscous.